The Flourish Fundamentals 30-Day Reset is a health transformation course specifically designed for the Financial Independence community! (The first of its kind!) 🎉
What is the Reset?
Essentially, the Reset is a group coaching class on how to eat healthy on a budget, with a 30-day sugar detox and elimination diet thrown in to help you better regulate your energy levels, figure out what foods work best for you, and break up with addictive foods like sugar, dairy, grains, alcohol, etc.
- 6 Group Meetings: Weekly 60-minute live, virtual video classes held on Zoom.
- Secret, Private Facebook Group: Connect with your classmates and seasoned Reset alumni. Ask questions, share concerns, swap recipes, or just check in for accountability.
- Actionable PDF Student Guides: Beautiful, print-ready PDF guides, shopping lists, sourcing tips, and expert tips to help you get the most out of the Reset.
- Support Emails: We will send you recipes, tips, tricks, and encouragement each day of the Reset.
The meetings will be Thursdays from 6-7 PM Pacific Time, from April 9th to May 15th:
- Thur., April 9, 2020, 6-7 PM Pacific: Preparation (actual 30-Day Reset begins April 15th)
- Thur., April 16, 2020, 6-7 PM Pacific: Digestion
- Thur., April 23, 2020, 6-7 PM Pacific: Blood Sugar
- Thur., April 30, 2020, 6-7 PM Pacific: Fats
- Thur., May 7, 2020, 6-7 PM Pacific: Sleep, Movement, Stress & Connection
- Thur., May 14, 2020, 6-7 PM Pacific: Celebration & Moving Forward
While we highly encourage you to attend all the live trainings, we know that life happens. If you are ever unable to attend live, you can always watch the class recording and review the companion handout.
Course & Reset Dates
The actual 30-Day Reset part will start April 15, 2020, but we will help you get prepared to hit the ground running during the first class on the 9th.
Maximum of 10 Participants per Cohort
To ensure that each participant gets the attention and support they need, we limit each cohort to a maximum of 10 participants. This also makes it easier for the participants to get to know each other, many of whom form strong bonds and friendships that last well beyond the Reset itself. So if you want to join us, make sure to lock in your spot today before the cohort fills up.
Is the Reset for you?
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, the Reset will be a good fit for you:
- I have some nagging health issues I want to address (e.g. excess body fat, hormone imbalances, headaches, low energy, feeling "hangry" between meals, restless sleep, mood issues, foggy-headedness, skin issues, think hair, etc.).
- I want to kick my sugar, carb, dairy, or alcohol cravings. I hate being beholden to a chemical, food, or drug!
- I want to learn to eat healthy without breaking the bank. I want to learn how I can reduce my food bill without sacrificing food quality or nutrient-density.
- I consider myself a "Valueist" who is willing to spend a little more money on food (beyond rice and beans) in exchange for better health now and long into the future. As we always say, “Pay the farmer now so you don’t have to pay the doctor later!"
- I am open to learning new things, questioning common beliefs, and changing my mind (e.g. we’re going to bust some myths around fat, cholesterol, salt, animal protein, etc.).
- I am willing to incorporate at least some animal products in my diet, may it be meat, eggs, fish, seafood, or full-fat dairy.*
- I am willing to source and prepare real food, make lifestyle changes, get sufficient sleep, and acquire new habits. I don't expect a "magic pill" or instant, effortless change.
*Note: It is possible to the Reset as a vegetarian with plenty of high-quality pastured eggs and full-fat cheeses, butter, and cream. However, the Rest is not compatible with a vegan diet.
Meet Your Instructors
We are John and Rosemary Fotheringham, two Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioners turned personal finance nerds who educate and empower the Financial Independence community to take control of their own health. Health care is one of the most expensive line items for many adults today, and one that tends to only grow larger with age and time. But we believe that people have much more control over their future health by changing how they live today. Though some people may have certain genetic predispositions to certain conditions, whether or not disease manifests is a matter of epigenetics, not genetics. This is good news! Though we can't change our genes, we can change how they are expressed through dietary and lifestyle changes. As Chris Kresser puts it, "Genes load the gun. Lifestyle pulls the trigger." We are here to help you aim at a brighter, healthier future and the life you truly want.
What Past Participants Have to Say
- “I had been at a standstill with my weight loss for over a month. Bam!! This program kicked it. If things keep going I won’t have anything to wear. I can’t tell you how many people have stopped me and truly told me how great I look. Then tell me again. Once to the point I started to tear up. Thank you for changing my life. I love that I am full of energy and never hungry.”― Sara Nichols, Richland, Washington
- “Only one month, and we now have new lifelong habits. The class was well worth the money. I wish everyone could try it―just to experience the difference. And although it is not a weight loss program, I did lose 5 pounds―without ever feeling hungry. I highly recommend it. The class is temporary, but the resulting friendships are not.” ― Gretchen Sewart, Richland, Washington
- “This is a very worthwhile programme which has changed the way we eat, and think about food. And Rosemary is right: the food is delicious and you never go hungry! I’m so glad we tried it! It has changed the way we eat permanently.” ― Julia Albrecht, Dunedin, New Zealand
Learn more about your instructors, John & Rosemary Fotheringham, at https://www.flourishfundamentals.com.